Reflooring

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I used to have green artificial carpet on my outdoor front steps which I recently removed. My question is what is a good way to remove all the dried up glue (adhesive) in order for me to refinish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can try to gently remove it with sandpaper. Or use an alcohol solution purchased from a pharmacy.

Reaction score
Try various grades of sandpaper.

Or try "Nail Varnish Remover" on a small areas first, problem is you / we do not know the constituents of the old glue

Ken

Reaction score
Country
United States
You might get it up with chemicals - but chemicals can destroy concrete. So don't. Obviously none of us know what brand adhesive you used or if it is "removable" - you'd check the label on the can or check the FAQ on their website.

I HAVE GOOD NEWS - sand paper is all wet.

You want a "grinding cup" / masonry wheel. Many kinds some are stone some are metal, some cup shaped some solid stone. put it on your drill

you'll not only "not suffer with sand paper" but get a nice finish on the concrete. infct if you get multiple cups you can bring your old concrete to a polish, using cups.

Reaction score
Should have asked? what material are the steps? Timber or Concrete or stone?

As an aside, be very, very cautious of using grinding wheels, cups Etc, anything that could??? simply cut grooves or chanels in [especially] stone and concrete.

There are very few chemicals that will destroy concrete? certainly not generally available over the counter.

Ken.