Putting a ducting up through a conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I’m in a dilemma and don’t know who to ask, sorry. We have a kitchen that backs into an almost flat roof conservatory. We need to put an extractor fan over the cooker hob through the wall into the conservatory and thence up through the conservatory roof. Trouble is how do I put a hole in the conservatory roof for the ducting AND put a top hat cowl etc in the roof as I can’t access that part of the conservatory roof from the outside? We don’t want any leaks either once we have the vent in the roof. Is there some sort of cowl etc that can be shoved through a hole made INSIDE the conservatory? Many thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This all depends on the type of flat roof you have. Is it resin or felt, and what condition is it in? As you will have to put flashing around the top hat cowl. If you have no access to that roof, personally I would install a cooker hood with carbon filters which require a cheap change over once every six months or so.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This all depends on the type of flat roof you have. Is it resin or felt, and what condition is it in? As you will have to put flashing around the top hat cowl. If you have no access to that roof, personally I would install a cooker hood with carbon filters which require a cheap change over once every six months or so.
Hi thank you. It's a UPVC ordinary conservatory roof with a slight angle not quite flat. The roof is in good condition and should be able to take the weight if someone laid across it do seal the cowl.

Ask a Question