Protecting radiators in storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to remove a couple of radiators while some work is done in the room, they'll probably be off for 4+ weeks. Should I be doing anything to protect them from corrosion while they're empty? I know systems have corrosion inhibitor to prect them while they're in use, and I thnk new ones have an internal coating of some sort of oil to protect them until they're installed. Not sure what (if anything) should be done while they're exposed to air for a while in storage though.

Reaction score
Unlikely to cause any damage, but you might want to cap the in/out connections in case when you re-use them some unexpected gunge comes out and drips onto new carpets.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, I thought it would probably be OK but it's useful to have another opinion. I'll be reinstalling them before carpets are laid so no real risk from any remaining gunge, but I'll be capping anyway if for no other reason than to avoid them becoming populated with spiders while they're languishing in the garage.

Ask a Question