Problem hanging blinds

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am trying to hang a set of blinds. I have one bracket on the left screwed into the wall tight but the other on the right is giving me trouble. I don't have anything to screw into apparently. I looked behind the wall and all the only thing to screw into is vinal siding. I got the bracket on the wall but it's obviously loose and won't hold the blinds. If I use the middle support bracket, it looks like it might screw into a stud. Will that be enough or do I have to still find a way to secure that right bracket? Any ideas are helpful.

Reaction score
I am trying to hang a set of blinds. I have one bracket on the left screwed into the wall tight but the other on the right is giving me trouble. I don't have anything to screw into apparently. I looked behind the wall and all the only thing to screw into is vinal siding. I got the bracket on the wall but it's obviously loose and won't hold the blinds. If I use the middle support bracket, it looks like it might screw into a stud. Will that be enough or do I have to still find a way to secure that right bracket? Any ideas are helpful.
Hi and welcome.

A photo would help they are easy to upload.
What sort of blind?

"We can always find an answer."

Reaction score
If the wall is dry lined, you've a problem. A lot of the screw might be going through "air" before it gets to anything solid.

If the middle bracket screws into a stud that should be OK.

You could make quite a big hole where the bracket should go and see what's behind with a torch. You can alway bang a load of filler in the hole to get it to bind with the bricks. Then smooth it of, let it dry and refit the bracket. If you don't make the hole any bigger than the base of the bracket, it won't notice. You can't hang anything heavy on plasterboard.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks looks like it might be out of my skill range. Two people reccomended that I use drywall anchors. I was guessing I could put those in the wall then screw the bracket to them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks looks like it might be out of my skill range. Two people reccomended that I use drywall anchors. I was guessing I could put those in the wall then screw the bracket to them.
You could if the holes you have made aren't too big. The problem you have is there will always be weight on them and raising and lowering the blinds regularly won't help.

Ask a Question