Pressure washer Done?

Reaction score
While pressure washing my pool deck my running power washer fell into the pool. It stopped running immediately. Within a few seconds I was able to pull it out. I pulled the spark plug and turned it over several times watching copious amounts of water spurt out of the spark plug hole. The following day I turned the unit upside down and oil came out of the carburetor opening or at least that looks like this is where it came from. Today I drained the rest of the oil and it was a milky brown indicating water was mixed in with it. I decided to run a pressure test and I have about 70 PSI that stays at this point for several hours. This is a Honda GX200 series motor that has the decompression feature. I would guess this motor has hydro-locked but I am not sure because when I turn it over it is not seized. A new motor would cost me about $350 of a replacement power washer would run $529 with free shipping. Any suggestions what to do at this point in time.

Reaction score
I made the mistake of working on my DR Brush mower by turning it on it's side Oil in carburetor also. I put gas in a bottle because it wouldn't stay running and when it started I continued to gently pour gas in the carburetor until all the oil was burned out of the fuel system.

Ask a Question