Prepping concrete floor for tile

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've got a challenging scenario for a flooring redo. It is a basement room about 27 x 12 ft that currently has engineered wood flooring. That flooring has water damage and needs to be replaced. The room contains a good size bar (~12 x 6 ft). I've managed to get that bar on casters so I can move it around, but can't get it completely out of the room to redo the floor.

I've removed about half of the wood flooring and it is becoming clear that the concrete won't be flat enough to tile over without using something like self-leveling compound. However, I can't cover the entire floor with self-leveling compound at the same time because of the bar. So I'd have to do half the room, move the bar, then do the other half. That'll obviously create a seam which could be a real challenge to get flat.

Any creative ideas on how to manage this or any alternative approaches to getting the floor level?

Ask a Question