Potterton Profile wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hoping someone can help me with this:

I have a replacement control board for a Potterton Profile, however, the layout and labelling is slightly different to the original board. The two white wires from the control board that connect to the control thermostat are labelled S1 and S2 and should connect to the two terminals on the control thermostat, one higher up marked "2" and the other below marked "3(c)" but which wire should be connected to which terminal?

I've attached a picture of the wiring diagram from the manual and one of the thermostat terminals.

Many thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thermostats can be connected either way.....doesn't matter which white conductor you put on 2 or 3c. Flip them around, it still works the same.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks very much for the reply. Yeah, I came to the conclusion that it's basically just a switch so I wired it up and am enjoying a warm house again. Nice to have it confirmed, cheers!

Ask a Question