Portable Generator Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all -

Sorry if this isn't the right area but I couldn’t find a better place for it. I have a Portable generator in which a part came off and I’ve been back-and-forth with the company to no avail.
Does anyone know what this part is cold and more importantly how it’s installed? Or is this something I should bring to a shop and let someone else handle? I’ve attached a short Clip to help explain what I mean.

Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Hi all -

Sorry if this isn't the right area but I couldn’t find a better place for it. I have a Portable generator in which a part came off and I’ve been back-and-forth with the company to no avail.
Does anyone know what this part is cold and more importantly how it’s installed? Or is this something I should bring to a shop and let someone else handle? I’ve attached a short Clip to help explain what I mean.

Thanks for the help!

Hi there,
I have repaired many models of this type of Generator....but that is the first I have seen with that particular part.
I note you are in the USA (California?) which is probably why: It is part of the emissions control prevalent there.
All it is doing is transporting the evaporating gases back or to the tank., it is, essentially, simply a vent.
As the millions of these generators around the world don't have this feature, I wouldn't be overly concerned.
It should simply be reconnected to the tube on the tank.
Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks - I actually ended up (on advice from someone else) drilling the hole a little bigger, gluing the piece back on making sure that airflow still went through and attaching it. See what happens. Thanks!

Ask a Question