Please help with the correct ballast needed for LED lamps?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I decided to convert all of my home and shop / garage 4 foot florescent lamps to LED. Since several of the lighting fixtures are high off of the floor I wanted lamps that would last.
I bought GE LED15ET8G4/840 type "A" lamps and was told they will work with my ballast now, they will not. ( yes the ballast was grounded )
The GE site to " find the correct ballast to use" is so convoluted I'm not sure which GE or replacement ballast type is required to purchase?
The lamps are a type A and the spec sheet says a LFL Ballast (?) electronic instant start or programmed ballast will work.
I was sold a case of GE254MVPS-D-1 Program Start Ballast and they do not work on any of the wiring options shown on the spec sheet.
They will light my old florescent T8 lamps.
One of my fixtures is different than the rest and it has an ESPEN VE2P32MVHIPE ballast and it will light the two new LED lamps. ( yes, I know I could order these ballast but I need to make sure they are the correct type and they will not overheat or have a reduced life ) The spec sheet of this ballast does not even show what type of ballast it is.
Once again finding out what the code letters actually mean, or decipher just what type of ballast it is is very frustrating.
Please help with finding the correct ballast for my two lamp fixtures. ( they are magnetic ballast which I know will not work )

This ballast will not work though the label says it will. ( Program start Electronic )
ballast.jpg

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I found a ballast that may work?
GE132MAXP-L/ULTRA 32W....a Linear Fluorescent type ballast.

Ask a Question