tilted wardrobe doors- please help

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello folks
would very much appreciate anyone that can help with this problem as i have ran out of ideas on how to fix this.
I purchased a second wardrobe, but after assembling it , I couldn't get the doors to close properly.
Please see the attached photo. The left hand door tilts upwards on the closing edge (Indicated with the blue arrow)
The middle door tilts downwards on the closing edge (indicated with orange arrow) . The most right door is (surprisingly) fine.
This is the Ikea 3 door Aspelund wardrobe (fairly similar to the current Kleppstad)

I have tried troubleshooting with the following steps (in combination as well, not in order per se):
1. checked assembly and retighten all screws and fittings
2. adjusted all the hinges (both directions) to the max range allowable (but still not able to make the doors meet)
3. checked the grip of the hinges to the wardrobe (still good), the screws do grip in.
4. checked that the wardrobe and the floor is level. i also tried putting a shim (have even tried stacking till it was almost 5mm thick before stopping) on the back left leg but that only helped minimally to close the left hand door.
5. moved the wardrobe around to the room to see if levelling is the problem (didn't help)
6. swapped the hinges in between each other to see if there is one that is faulty
7. I haven't tried purchasing new hinges as i took step 6 and i thought if step 6 didnt work then this wouldnt work
8. i haven't tried to put (cardboard?( shims in between the hinges and the wall of the wardrobe because i m not sure the hinge screw would then need to be extended.
(by here i mean a shim in the top of the left hand door hinge and wall of wardrobe , and a shim in the bottom hinge of the middle door to compensate for the tilt)

Please let me know if any ideas i have missed- as i have wasted multiple hours and money on this wardrobe but still doesn't work

Thank you!!!
Regards,
Eunice

Attachments

Ask a Question