Penetrating damp problem.. Please Help!!

Reaction score
Hi All. Please help with some advice. We have a Victorian semi which is now driving us mad. The main issues are around damp which appears to be penetrating our bedroom wall. I have only recently redocorated the bedroom which was showing small signs of damp but these are now alarmingly obvious with new paint. I have enclosed photos which illustrate how damp the brickwork is after rain on the exterior. The brickwork only appears damp in certain areas and this is centered around the dormer window. The bricks are sodden at times. We are getting extremely frustrated as we have put money into small roof repairs ( flashing etc ) and nobody can tell us if it is roof or brick related. There is no felt beneath the roof tiles and the roof is itself old. The wall is possibly in need of pointing and has lime mortar. The wall was also treated with cavity filling 18 months ago. Someone please advise me if this could be rain water running from the roof/ dormer valleys penetrating pointing work and down the brickwork or rainwater leaking through the roof tiles and somehow entering the cavity. As you can see the interior shots show a number of interior patches. These appears much more pronounced in freezing weather. Any help and advice will be gratefully received.

Attachments

Ask a Question