Paint Damage to Wooden Cabinets

Reaction score
I put some sticky locks on the wooden cabinets in our kitchen when my son was a toddler, and recently my wife removed them but it damaged the paint.

We live in a rented apartment and wish to fix this problem (or at least make it less bad) so that we're not charged by the landlord for damage.

I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Your best bet is to take drawer or whatever is smallest to a DIY store that does paint mixing
or possible a car repair place who can do colour matching. Buy the paint Then paint them yourselves. Just those that the child has damaaged.

If you think you can manage it, it maybe cheaper I suspect than being charged by the owner.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If it's just glue residue, limonene works really well at removing the sticky residue left behind. It looks like it's just a bit of glue left over from those photos.

If it's actually removed the paint, you'll need to get it mixed up as @Doghouse Riley mentioned.

edit: It looks like you may be based in Germany, so I found this product on Amazon that will remove glue residue:

Reaction score
If it's just glue residue, limonene works really well at removing the sticky residue left behind. It looks like it's just a bit of glue left over from those photos.

If it's actually removed the paint, you'll need to get it mixed up as @Doghouse Riley mentioned.

edit: It looks like you may be based in Germany, so I found this product on Amazon that will remove glue residue:

Goo Gone is the go to in the states. I have found that it works best if you use it liberally and don’t try to get it off all at one sitting. Slow but sure works great.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question