Old Washing Machine Hook-ups to be used for Bathroom Vanity

Reaction score
Hi All,
First post, and here's a bathroom project I have in mind for a 1956 house I recently purchased.
1 bathroom, single vanity, basically a pedestal vanity with a cabinet, no counter space, and not enough storage.
Also in the bathroom is a space approx. 37"W x 33"D, where washing machine hookups exist... A separate laundry room was added at some point, so these aren't used.
At first, I thought about simply turning it into a linen closet (there isn't a single one in the place), then, as I was getting annoyed with the lack of counter space, I decided this space would be ideal for a larger vanity and additional storage.
I want to used this water supply for the sink, but the connections are bigger than the ones I've seen.

Here are my questions:
1. Is there an adapter I can used to connect smaller supply lines for the sink? If I go to Home Depot or Lowes, what would I be looking for?
2. Can I just run the P-trap into that drain without modification? Seems like it may sit too high for gravity to do it's job (~27")

Thanks for any ideas, advice, or criticism!
-Josh

Ask a Question