Non-slip treatment for tiles

Reaction score
Last week my husband fell on our outside stairs which have ceramic tiles. They have a very gritty surface so you might think they'd be non-slip but actually they are lethal when wet. They are around our pool too!! (we are in Spain).

I decided it was time to sort them out after 7 years. I bought a treatment from a local DIY store but was horrified that it contained hydrofluoric acid which i think is too dangerous for home use. Anyway I treated one tile with it. Made no difference whatsoever.

Bought some non-slip tile varnish made by a Spanish company V33. Have treated another tile. Absolutley no difference there either.

I am now down 30€ and still no nearer a solution that works. I need a DIY product. Cannot afford to call in the pros.

Does anyone have any advice especially know of a foolproof product that will truly make the tiles non-slip.

Thanks

Ask a Question