New Lights, No Switch

Reaction score
In an effort to bring more light into our living area, I added two overhead recessed lights to two power sources which were previously covered with a plate. I assume they were meant to be used for a ceiling fan if ever needed. After the install I turned the power back on and they illuminated beautifully. However, when I flipped the light switch on the wall only one of them turned off and I cannot find a switch to control the other. There is another set of track lights (just out of the frame to the right in the picture below) that shares the same breaker with these two new lights. How can I either 1) track down the switch that controls the ever glowing light or 2) rewire light #2 so that it goes out with light #1 when the switch is flipped? Thank you all.

Note: I have very limited access to the electrical wiring of the house. No attic, no crawl space. I also have very little experience and knowledge in this trade. If you could "dumb it down" I would greatly appreciate it. I actually kissed my wife and told her I loved her before starting this project.

Ask a Question