New front step

Reaction score
Hi all I have 2 small concrete steps into my porch my wife fell off the step so I am going to change the steps, the top one is ok but small the bottom one is cracked and also small I was thinking of extending the top step with concrete and making it a little longer, and building a new but longer bottom step, could I finish the steps with block paving, what would I need to make the concrete and how would I tie in the paving blocks
Cheers Terry

Reaction score
My wife has had MS for the best part of thirty years, so is on crutches. She found it difficult to get in and out of our front door as the two narrow steps were hard for her to manage.
So I made this out of old bricks, four paving stones, concrete, some bits of York stone left over from the patio and some sand and cement render.

P1040428.JPG

The wide step is ideal for her to get herself organised when either going in or out.

It's looking a bit scruffy today, it needs a bit of a tart up, but it's been down for thirty years.

Ask a Question