New construction basement window install

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am currently building a home and have a couple windows that I need to install in the basement. The basement is a poured concrete foundation and window bucks were used leaving a raised lip around the perimeter of the hole for the window. I've searched all over and am having a hard time finding any kind of instructions on how to install the window. Everything that I've seen so far is for cutting a new hole in a concrete foundation and not for a foundation that the bucks were used during the pour. The windows that were ordered are flush fin windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
No. The foundation walls are 10” thick and the lip is on the interior edge and is 1.5-2” thick and about 1” tall. I looked at a couple houses being installed in the area and it appears that they are simply putting sealant around the edges of the window and then pressing the flush fin edge up against the concrete lip. A screw is then place through the edge of the vinyl to the inside of the foundation to hold the window in place. Not sure how standard this is, but I looked a few different homes being built by different builders and they were all done this way. Thoughts?

Ask a Question