Need REAL ceramic reglazing for iron tub in So. Cal!

Reaction score
Help!!! I have an antique cast iron "garden tub" that I want to reglaze. Really reglaze, as in kiln-baked ceramic. I live just south of L.A. and can trailer the tub to a place that can glaze and bake. Does anyone know of a place that can do this? Both my contractor and tile guy advised me against any of the other, quicker refinishing methods.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Help!!! I have an antique cast iron "garden tub" that I want to reglaze. Really reglaze, as in kiln-baked ceramic. I live just south of L.A. and can trailer the tub to a place that can glaze and bake. Does anyone know of a place that can do this? Both my contractor and tile guy advised me against any of the other, quicker refinishing methods.
Thanks!
Hi laurelhed,.just 2 years ago we wanted our cast iron bath refinished as the Enamel was very stained with an orange/brown colour,.the enamel surface was not cracked or pitted in anyway, here in ireland theres not much choice in Kiln-Baked companys, and those that could do it were very expensive,. but we were able to find a local Resurfacer that uses an Acid system to take the top coat off the Ceramic glaze also with gentle sanding to[ the bath has to be free of cracks n pits ] leave the bath perfectly White ,.the surface is then a mild Matt Finish that is easy to clean,.its still good after 2 yrs,.and in case the stains come back he gave us a supply of strong cleaner fluid to clear it,.the complete Refurb cost in EURO 150 ,inc the extra cleaner,. which is around $190,.and took 4 hours to do,.maybe you will have more choice in L A,.good luck,

Ask a Question