Motion sensing light

Dee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this normal? I'm in an apartment and there is a motion sensing light outside my door. I had the peephole open on my front door today and noticed that the light was switching on when I was moving around inside my apartment (I hadn't touched the front door).

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No. The detectors for motion sensor lights are directional and are sensitive across a given sector depending on the design. The sensor will presumably be pointing to an area outside the front door so, unless it is faulty and switching on randomly, I can't imagine what is triggering it.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Cheap "motion sensors" actually operate on the figurative seeing of "heat", not motion. The varying temperature changes on the opposite walls might be erroneously causing your light to operate. Point the light WAY DOWN, see if this changes.

Failing this, you would need a microwave sensor (BEA Falcon). These are costly, but will only sense activity moving in ONE direction (access or eggress). Lots of money though.

Ask a Question