Mira Sport Shower: Water heat varying

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question about a Mira Sport Shower, not sure of make but it is at least 6-8 years old and I would be really grateful if anyone could help. :confused:

I normally shower on High summer time with the dial at around the 10 oclock position with it moving to 1 - 2 oclock position in winter. I am assuming this is because the water coming in is colder in the winter???

This summer to get a good heat I am having to shower at 2 oclock position which is warm enough but the flow is poor. If I give the unit 2 or 3 good thumps to the right of medium setting button and turn the flow back to the 10 oclock position the heat then works great and the flow is fine.

Would anyone be able to help me work out what is going on? The thumping may be working however I am certain this is not a good long term solution! :rolleyes:

Many thanks

Fiona

Reaction score
Hi Fiona,

When I first left home, I used to have to a cheap bar shower valve that started to exhibit the same problem. A good thump would suddenly make the temperature come right, but twisting the control did nothing without a thump!

I decided that it had to be the thermostatic cartridge in the valve and so brought a replacement. This solved the problem, as the cartridge had seized up from scale and the thumping was causing it to shift.

I am unsure if electric showers (which I'm assuming the Mira Sport Shower is) uses an electronic thermostat or wax cartridge, but I guess it would be somewhere to begin. I also suggest speaking to the manufacturer, they must have a support desk that can provide some advice.

Dave

Ask a Question