Maytag Washing machine not filling or advancing

Reaction score
My Maytag washing machine stopped filling. No water would come out. I took the water inlet valve off and cleaned the filters. All of a sudden it worked, but wold not stop filling and would not advance. The only cycle that worked was the spin cycle. I replaced the water pressure switch and now no water will come out but it works on spin cycle. Also, it has a slow water leak. The drum will fill up in a few days and I use spin cycle to drain. I then replaced the water valve and it is still not working. There was a loud pop and I noticed that a wire had broken, (the slip connector was still on). It was a white wire. So, I put new slip connector on wire before installing new water valve. It is still the same..no water and only works on spin cycle. What could this be? I am at my wit's end and have piles of laundry to do. Please help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could be there is a blockage in the rubber hose on the water level switch
Pull the rubber off the switch and blow down it , you may have to pull off the rubber air chamber at the bottom of the tub and give it a good clean.

Ask a Question