Making good on cable chases

Reaction score
Hi there,
Bit new to diy and first kitchen under way. Had guy round to chase walls for new electrics and he said now to make good the walls. That's fine, was expecting that but should there be loops at the bottom and shouldn't the cables be housed?

I'm not sure this is at a stage where I can call the plasterer can anyone advise?

Attachments

Irv

Reaction score
I can see from the outlet box that you're not in the US, so I don't know how strict the electrical codes are where you live, but I can see a few things wrong with that installation. See the white cable with the red wire showing? That can't be good. See the 2 cut-off leads below the black power plug? Should have been removed, not just clipped off.

I'm guessing the loops are supposed to be covered by some kind of framed-out panel (perhaps to hide the water pipe?) Whether that's legal is, again, something you should find out. Don't you need an electrical inspection before closing it up?

Again, it may be ok (legally) where you live. I wouldn't accept that kind of job if it were my house, nor, I suspect, would it be passed on inspection.

Ask a Question