Magnabooster worth it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On our most recent boiler inspection (as part of the British Gas service plan), we were recommended to get a Magnabooster fitted. The engineer seemed like a good guy and said it's not essential, but with the type of system we have it's likely to prolong the life (and ideally would have been fitted from the start).

What's the verdict on these things? I've done a little bit of research and they seem to be a good bit of kit and would probably justify the cost of install (British Gas wanted £269, but a local plumber would probably be closer to £200).

Reaction score
Hi Ian
I would go for it, a filter of that type can prolong the life of the boiler. Even with inhibitors in the system, there will always be particles floating around.
There are other manufacturers of these, the choice is yours, or let your installer fit the one he is happy with.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks John, sounds like it's worth it then! It looks like a solid unit, so should last a while at least.

I'm just waiting on getting someone round for a quote next week :).

Ask a Question