Low water pressure

Reaction score
I want to install a mixer shower but my hot water supply is fed from an emersion heater which is next to the bathroom, The hot water pipes are 22mm. If I reduce them to 15mm, would this give me the extra water pressure that I need?

Reaction score
If your hot water cylinder is fed from a cold water storage tank then no it wont help it could possibly be slightly worse.

On this type of system the pressure is created by the height of the tank above the outlet position (shower spray) so raising the tank is the answer if that is possible.

The alternatives are fitting a pump (power shower) they are usually quite / very noisy,
an electric shower from the mains, or fitting an unvented cylinder (quite expensive)

Pete

Reaction score
Reducing the pipe size will reduce the flow and pressure at the outlet, as the friction loss occurs along the length of the pipe. Restricting the outlet itself (which a shower already does) does increase pressure compared to a free discharge.

Basically fit a pump.

Ask a Question