Leveling a basement floor

Reaction score
I have a basement floor that is dropping off 2 inches on one side so I am using 2 x2 s to level the floor and transfer the height dufference from the floor to the wood. Iwill then cut the wood pieces along the height mark and nail them to the floor probably on 24 ich centres then pour and screed floor leveling compound. So what's wrong ? I purchased a Ryobi table saw but I cannot figure out how to get the blade to cleanly cut through the wood without hitting the piece at the back of the saw and yes I have removed the plastic kick back mechanism.

Reaction score
I have a basement floor that is dropping off 2 inches on one side so I am using 2 x2 s to level the floor and transfer the height dufference from the floor to the wood. Iwill then cut the wood pieces along the height mark and nail them to the floor probably on 24 ich centres then pour and screed floor leveling compound. So what's wrong ? I purchased a Ryobi table saw but I cannot figure out how to get the blade to cleanly cut through the wood without hitting the piece at the back of the saw and yes I have removed the plastic kick back mechanism.
The safety device? Remove it and wear eye protection and use push sticks for finger safety.

Ask a Question