Leaking overflow from Flat above - Wall Dampness

Reaction score
Hi

First post on here, been having a look around recently for advise on here and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I recently bought a flat and noticed the tenant above me had a leak coming from their overflow pipe, the overflow pipe was facing against the wall, so of course it was pouring/leaking down the wall. I contacted the factors who pursued the tenant above, although this overflow went on for maybe a month or two, possibly longer.

The factors managed to get a hold of the tenant and the problem is now sorted, that was about 2 wks ago. Although it is still pretty damp in some areas and there is white residue.

What I'm wanting to know is will this clear up and how long does it generally take, or will it require me to clean it to get rid of the white residue. Any advice on what to do or what is happened would be appreciated. I've attached a picture of it, was took on my phone so not the best pic and you cant see the full extent of the dampness. But might help a bit.

Cant upload pic so here's a link instead to the pic (just paste it into web browser) - i37.tinypic.com/2ildmj7.png

Ask a Question