Lawn care question

Reaction score
Country
United States
Joined the forum for a completely different reason but thought why not ask it here. Could anyone give some advice on which hedge trimmer to choose? Gotta trim several shrubs in my backyard and have no idea what's considered to be the best option (I mean price/quality). Preferably cordless models, do not think one extension cord would be enough in my case.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep... 8 lawn care threads and no info at all. I got it, that's not a DIY but that could be a decent off-topic thread still... IS this forum even alive?

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Of course this forum is alive.

But it's mainly for advice on how to do stuff, rather than choice of equipment, which tends to be personal and in the case of hedge trimmers, depending on budget, battery or mains, etc., blade length etc..

I'll agree not every post gets answered, it rather depends on whether someone with the particular knowledge required reads the post.

Conversely we often wonder if people are "still alive" when we go into great detail in a response to a "how to do" question and they never respond.
But that's life.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You didn't even give us 12 hours to respond ;).

I use a Ryobi One+ Cordless hedge trimmer. It's relatively cheap and is suitable for most small gardens, but I mainly chose this as I have a few tools from the "One +" range that share the same battery.

If you let us know how much stuff you've got to cut, and what it is, we may be able to advise further. If you're cutting anything that needs more power or a long cutting time, battery powered may not be the way to go.

Ask a Question