Latch bolt stuck on 3 point lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi It seems the latch bolt is stuck out into the door jamb so when unlocking the door wont open as its hitting the door frame. It moves a little when handel is down but not enough. Any ideas on how to fix I see 2 screws are on the inside to remove the door handle part but not sure what to look for. The 3 point locks all seem to work OK just the latch is stuck out too far.

Regards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If it's anything like my locks, it is an unreliable, poorly made, short-lived POS. Once you've removed the handles you can then use the key to turn the cylinder (through about 45°, IIRC) and slide that out, then hopefully be able to use tools to manipulate the latch.

Before doing that, get a replacement lock.

And consider buying a spare to have in stock for next time. If you've got more than one door and they are differently configured, you can get locks which you can configure for inwards/outwards striking, split/non-split, etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I struggled to get it open then my wife managed to open it with 1 attempt! Anyway its open now and I removed the part the latch fits into in the door frame so it will open and can still safely be locked. Gives me some breathing space to fix the lock. Not sure what I will find out though but will get a repalcement first!

Reagrds

Ask a Question