Laminate flooring question

Reaction score
I am abouts to lay some laminate, and have removed the skirting board.

The skirting board has been nailed into splints of wood, which have been wedged between the brickwork, and this seems to have worked fine.

However it has been reinforced with bits of concrete dotted about, and this makes the bottom of the wall very uneven, meanings there will be a 1 inch gap between laminate and wall at some points.

Is this a problem or not, it won't be visible, but will it be stable - what is the biggest gap I could leave?

THanks in advance

Reaction score
I think visibility will be your biggest concern. If you can't see it, then it should be fine. Except that you'll know it's there and it will nag at you!

Reaction score
not a problem, you need to leave at least a 10mm expansion gap anyway!

Reaction score
Re : Laminate flooring question

Rob C is correct, you must allow 10mm min clearance between the perimeter wall and the laminate flooring. As I understand it your walls are are not straight at the skirting's (not unusual) and if you lay the straight edges of the laminate along the wall line, this will leave gaps at the wall points that are back from a straight line...is that correct?...I can talk you through the procedures as to how to proceed...bosshogg:)

Ask a Question