Is this cement or concrete?

STB

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have an exterior half height wall that is made of breezeblocks. But I am not sure what this covering layer is. Is it cement or concrete? I am not exactly sure what to call this or how to best remove it. It has broken away some over the years and I manually was able to chip away some. Could I just use a Bosch Bulldog with a 1/2 inch blade to remove it?
20180418_185240.jpg
20180418_185248.jpg
20180418_185253.jpg

Reaction score
That is probably a concrete wall. And doesn't matter if its cement or concrete the only difference would be concrete would have aggregates with cement, while a cement wall would just have cement and water. Get a jackhammer probably to break this down. It would be easier that way.
Your bulldog would suffer in this bug of a wall. Probably don't use it

Reaction score
There are several factors at play here. If you are asking advice on how to go forward with the repair, we should know:

How big is the wall?

What percentage of the wall is missing the finish?

What is the climate in your area? This is important because the air on the finished side will cool and contrat faster than the soil on the opposite side of the blocks. Over time this will cause fractures and cement loss as you show.

Ask a Question