Increasing Shower Access

Reaction score
My wife was complaining that she was having difficulty getting out of the shower as the door is quite narrow. I knew what she meant as you have to be careful you don't bump into the sides as you go in and out. It must be even more difficult with her MS as she's not too steady on her feet.

The doors could open wider but they are set to stop the left hand door sliding into the wall and the right hand door handle into the glass side panel.

There was talk of a new shower, visions of a big expense came into mind.

I had a look at it and could see that if the sliding door stops and the handle removed, the right-hand door could be slid further behind the glass wall and the entrance could be made 6" wider.

So I moved the stops, just a case of unscrewing them and drilling a couple of pilot holes for the self-tapping screws which secure the stops and the reversing of the handle so the studs that secured it were on the outside..

Ten minutes work saved me many hundreds of pounds.

Ask a Question