If You Have a Mouse Problem

Reaction score
Country
United States
This can be a effective catch and release method, but the release is to mouse heaven so please give them a nice burial.

The method is allow access to your air conditioner cooling unit through a little hole that has a dab of peanut butter bait inside the unit. In this unit there was no bait at all. It seems just an access hole was good enough.

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An effective method indeed! ;) How'd you find out, did something short at the same time or did you smell them?

I had a control board for some gates blow last year when a slug made inside somehow, then shorted the high voltage relay terminals - managed to take out the whole control board with it!

Reaction score
Country
United States
An effective method indeed! ;) How'd you find out, did something short at the same time or did you smell them?

I had a control board for some gates blow last year when a slug made inside somehow, then shorted the high voltage relay terminals - managed to take out the whole control board with it!
We have a son that has a HVAC business and he occasionally sends me pics for entertainment. IIR this was in a office building. He finds mice, rats etc. and in the outdoor condenser unit dead snakes, lizards and ants are common.

There are people that's diligent DIY'ers about keeping equipment in good condition but an estimated 90% of population are clueless. This blower wheel is an example where the old red dog found the most comfortable place to take a nap or scratch an itch. Yes Sir, at floor level where the cool return summer air entered the return air grill in the wall. Someone had taken the filter out. An expensive lesson hopefully learned.

Attachments

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
The little so and so's.
Use any acceptable means of dispatch before they chew through something important.
Mine got in through the cavity and into the loft insulation.
Gain their trust by putting out peanut butter or Nutella.
Bait the trap, old fashioned steel ones, with the same and wait for the satisfying snap.
For large groups, professional strength rodenticide.
For fun, 0.22 rifle.
Rats, no mercy.
Back-breaker traps, poison or 0.22

Reaction score
Country
United States
IAWWA

if you don't have the time to write it i dam sure don't have the time to research it.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
A "Tin Cat" has worked wonders for me. It catches the mice live, I kill them later. You re-use the trap, as it doesn't leave the scent of a dead mouse on it. Bait? Hands down...bird seed! Use bird seed...mice LOVE it. I have caught hundreds of vermin with this Tin Cat of mine.

Attachments

Ask a Question