I need to connect copper pipe to caps/couplers/etc. *without* soldering.

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a copper side table - so no worries about being waterproof as long as it is stable. Is there a way to fit 3/4" pipe into 3/4" fittings without needing to heat it up? I have 1/2" pipe as well for some of the components, but that fits into the 1/2" fittings no problem, somehow.

If you can't tell, I'm new to this. I live near my father, but he's out of town and I was hoping I could pull this off without bugging him.

Thanks!

Irv

Reaction score
3/4 pipe should fit into 3/4 fittings without a problem, same as the 1/2 fittings, unless perhaps the ends of the pipe have burrs or have been deformed (stepped on). If you cut them with a hacksaw, they will have burrs. A proper pipe cutter would be a good investment here, or you could try a file and sandpaper. A drop of crazy glue will hold it together without solder joints to mar the appearance.

Reaction score
Thank you! For some reason it wouldn't fit properly in the store, but I found after cutting with the pipe cutter, the ends were bent enough to pretty much fit...and banging on them with a hammer helped the ones that were more stubborn :)

Ask a Question