I need a way to make a home chin-up/pull-up bar

tjf

Reaction score
My apartment's doorways are located and designed in ways that make using over-the-doorway pull-up bars impossible or unsafe to use.

The bars that mount in a doorway are no good either. I can't extend my arms to the full position they'd need to be for one of the exercises in any of the doorways.

So conventional bars aren't really working. I'm thinking something wall-mounted or a way to make a stand that just sits on the floor and somehow stays stable will work. I'm also only renting the apartment and don't think it's okay for me to do any serious work to the walls/ceiling or whatever, so I'm probably limited to something that stands on the floor.

I'm also a bit tall (6'1"-6'2") so anything I use needs to be able to accommodate that height.

I don't mind spending a bit of money, but nothing too exorbitant. I also don't have a car so my ability to carry transport supplies may be restricted.

Any ideas would be great.

Ask a Question