How to tackle my bathroom

Reaction score
It's quite small, but very awkward with lots of areas boxed in, overhangs, weird angles etc.
I initially thought tiling would be the way to go, but my DIY 'skills' are basic to say the least & it would be a monumental task (and beyond my ability) with all the awkward angle cutting that would have to be done.
Can people suggest some alternative methods of decoration (other than paint/wallpaper) I'm open minded so I'll consider anything no matter how wacky.

Thanks for listening.

Reaction score
Hi
You seem to have ruled out most normal methods.
What is the existing finish ? May help to know.

Reaction score
Hi
You seem to have ruled out most normal methods.
What is the existing finish ? May help to know.
Plastered walls with a very thin coat of paint & boxed areas/windowsill etc also very roughly painted.

Reaction score
I would have thought the easiest way would be a good clean, and two coats of silk emulsion or bathroom paint.
Or how about part tiling, and painting all the awkward bits. The thin paint you have should provide a reasonable surface.
I can't think of any wacky methods that wouldn't damage the room, or be OK with moisture. Wallpaper wouldn't last too long with moisture.

Reaction score
I would have thought the easiest way would be a good clean, and two coats of silk emulsion or bathroom paint.
Or how about part tiling, and painting all the awkward bits. The thin paint you have should provide a reasonable surface.
I can't think of any wacky methods that wouldn't damage the room, or be OK with moisture. Wallpaper wouldn't last too long with moisture.
Thanks for the answer.

I was thinking of giving Plasti Dip a go

"Heavy duty, flexible, Elastomeric coating, which will seal out air and moisture, to stop rust and corrosion. Resists acids, solvents, water and alkalines" (from their website, I can't post links here yet)

Do you think that would work & look OK?

Ask a Question