Hot water cylinder move

Reaction score
Hi All,

Am planning to move our hot water cylinder from the bathroom to overstairs cupboard soon - a horizontal move of just over 3 metres - and have a couple of simple (hope :rolleyes:) questions for you all...

1) If I remove the existing Myson Aerjec 22 'deaerator' from the pipework - as has been advised by one plumber who has surveyed the work - do I need to put anything in its place? Or is it just a case of venting elsewhere using vertical pipework?

2) Should I look to move the vent/feed tank in the loft so that it sits directly over the hot water cylinder in its new position? Leaving it where it is would mean a horizontal pipe run of about 3.5 metres in the loft and not sure if this would cause any issues.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
If you remove the "airjec" (which I think is a good idea) you will have to link the pipes together, most airjec's have 4 connections it is important that the pipes are connected correctly
On the flow pipe from the boiler fit a tee with branch pointing up (must be 22mm min ) take this over the F&E tank.
Then on flow just after first tee fit 22x15mmx22mm tee for cold tank supply into system (ideally looping down about 150mm first) both tees should be within 150mm of each other. then connect flow to feed to system.
This arrangement must be before the pump.
close couple.JPG
If you move the cylinder the expansion / vent pipe should rise continuously to above the C/Water storage tank.
Pete

Last edited:

Ask a Question