Health issues with paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'd like to have your advice about painting a summerhouse. I'll be happily painting the exterior wood with usual exterior weather paint, but I would like some advice as to what paint I can use inside. I've got 2 young children and so am worried about the kids breathing volatile organic compounds often found in lots of paint. One of the children does get asthma, so i would like to know a really safe paint for the inside.
Thanks,
Ian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, you shouldn’t need to worry about the health ramifications of paint any more. In 2010 in all of Europe voc content was legislated to be mostly taken out of both domestic and trade paints. I’ve been painting professionally for 17 years and haven’t had a client become I’ll from the fumes of any medium applied. Dulux trade do offer an eco based paint for such fears and can be tinted in their entire colour range. Hope this helps

Ask a Question