Gas fireplace logs

Reaction score
Igniter is creating a spark but we are unable to actually light the pilot lite. The gas line valves are in the open position so that is not the problem. Is there a maintenance issue regarding carbon buildup we should know about? The owner's manual is no help at all.

Reaction score
If it is like my daughter’s you are right that the manual is worthless. The secret with hers is that you have to find the exact position where you can push the control knob in to the “prime” position. Then when you hit the sparker you will get an anemic flame. The numbers on the knob are counter intuitive. If you can’t get it lit take a picture of the control unit and I’ll see if I can’t walk you through it.

Reaction score
It may be thermocouple also, whereby a cold temp indicates the pilot is out and therefore the gas flow should be shut off for safety. Those can be finicky until warmed, so you have to manually hold the button down during the temperature climb. Add to that any initial flow variation in an already low pressure system and its finicky squared

Ask a Question