Gaps between door frame and brickwork?

Reaction score
F299DFEE-DEDB-485D-B52C-D7B3DA15C0D3.jpeg
23E0E23E-9C01-49B8-A6CA-96A4878CE0FB.jpeg
B6D8B192-B5EC-4A68-8028-DA203FC90837.jpeg
F299DFEE-DEDB-485D-B52C-D7B3DA15C0D3.jpeg
Hi,

I just had my old wooden door and door frame replaced with a new composite door. I have a very old stone built house, and I was surprised by the size of the gaps between the door frame and brickwork. The whole reason I’m getting new windows and doors is because I would like the house to be warmer and have better energy efficiency. I asked the guy installing the door if he was going to use any installation, and he said that that wouldn’t be necessary. He is coming back on Monday to finish the job by just covering the gap. Is that going to be okay?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
It might be difficult to tell from the pictures, but the gaps are about 4 inches deep on one side and 2 and a half on the other.

Reaction score
I have some leftover loft installation. Would if be alright to use that to fill the gaps, or would that run the risk of getting wet/going mouldy? Would spray installation be better?

Ask a Question