Friedland wireless door chime not receiving

Reaction score
This may help those who have a similar fault. Apologies if this is already common knowledge, but I had no instruction booklet to refer to!

In my experience of the above, I found that upon opening the unit I saw a little LED which was flashing constantly. When the doorbell button is pressed, the LED stays on for a couple of seconds indicating signal reception is ok. With the lack of serviceable parts in the unit, all I could do was to try a typical reset sequence of pressing buttons while the unit is switched on. So I removed a battery, pressed the only 2 buttons on the unit and kept them pressed while the power was supplied. It bleeped and I released the buttons. Pressing the doorbell now produced a chime from the receiving unit!

Hope this helps someone.

Reaction score
Magic.

This may help those who have a similar fault. Apologies if this is already common knowledge, but I had no instruction booklet to refer to!

In my experience of the above, I found that upon opening the unit I saw a little LED which was flashing constantly. When the doorbell button is pressed, the LED stays on for a couple of seconds indicating signal reception is ok. With the lack of serviceable parts in the unit, all I could do was to try a typical reset sequence of pressing buttons while the unit is switched on. So I removed a battery, pressed the only 2 buttons on the unit and kept them pressed while the power was supplied. It bleeped and I released the buttons. Pressing the doorbell now produced a chime from the receiving unit!

Hope this helps someone.
Wish I had read this before buying new send unit. I couldn't believe both receivers had packed up but could think of no other explanation. Many thanks

Ask a Question