French Drain Systems

Reaction score
I have a serious water problem and have for years now. I need some advice on a French drain or something that would work. Water floods my garage when it rains hard. All the water from my neighbors seems to flow my direction. I want to put a French drain in to help but one of my problems is it comes in from the side of the garage wall because my neighbors property slopes towards that wall. There is a tree or two about 5 1/2 feet from my garage wall, that of course is not mine and is planted on the property line. My concern is all the work and cost to try to solve my problem and then have roots clog or destroy the whole project in a short time. What can be done or how can I do this without tree roots growing in this line or what kind of material can be used to keep this from happening. Any advice please, I'm in a tough situation here and don't know what to do to take care of this efficiently.

Ask a Question