Flushing problem

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not sure the term for this. The problem is when I press the button to flush, I had pressed it too hard and I could no longer flush anymore. I took a look inside and the string that is supposed to be attached down to the bottom, it is no longer attached. However, the thing is the way the string that is attached to it looks a lot different than other toilets. It doesn't look the things I see on the diagrams online etc. It basically looks like a string. There is a black string. It is supposed to be attached to the center of the bottom. However, notice how the string goes through 2 holes circles in the white thing? Sorry, I don’t know the term for this. That isn't the issue of course but how would I find a string that goes through 2 holes like this. And last picture shows the flush but I can no longer press it because the string broke.

IMG_1053[1].JPG IMG_1054[1].JPG IMG_1057[1].JPG IMG_1058[1].JPG

Reaction score
The best and easiest thing to do is buy a kit that has all the parts you need to fix the problem. You can get them at Home Depot or Lowe’s and they are very reasonably priced. Show one of the salespeople your pictures and the will be able to fix you up.

Ask a Question