FCU

Reaction score
Please advise,
I have a spur off a double kitchen ring main skt that goes under the worktop to a single skt that supplies power to a washing m/c and fridge.
Question one, the washing m/c and fridge are not fitted, they can be pulled out easily so is there a need to have FCU above the worktop?
(I have other fitted white goods in the kitchen that have switched FCUs, the above is in the utility on the same kitchen circuit)

If there is a need to fit a FCU I am thinking of changing the double skt above the worktop, to a single skt and FCU (using click modules) that will give me a 13A fuse above the w/top for the two appliances but the click FCUs are not switched and I would still need to reduce the fuse rating to the fridge.
Does all that make sense??
Regards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the washing m/c and fridge are not fitted, they can be pulled out easily so is there a need to have FCU above the worktop?
No.

But if you did....

a 13A fuse above the w/top for the two appliances
Could easily be inadequate.

I would still need to reduce the fuse rating to the fridge.
Not really - its only job is to protect the flex, and that won't be too small for a 13A fuse.

Ask a Question