Exterior finish help...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello forum, I know pine is not recommended for exterior use but I need help or advise on how to go about putting a finish on gifted Adirondack chairs. Both are pine. There sanded and ready for some type of finish as mentioned. What step should I do first? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank You...

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

There's a lot of choice.
The summerhouse in my avatar I built from soft wood and roofing ply, it gets a coat of Dulux mahogany woodsheen (or whatever they like to call it at iover time) every few years. There's no rot. The photo is contemporary, but I've had it thirty-four years this year.

Reaction score
Thank you kindly!!! Got to check it out!!!
This forms a seal over the wood, It's important that this doesn't get damaged, or if it is, another coat is applied. It's not cheap, a 1ltr can in the UK is the equivalent of $32. But that'd be more than enough. Use two coats. It'll dry overnight, the second coat will go further than the first.

This is the latest formular which I use.

big.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
This forms a seal over the wood, It's important that this doesn't get damaged, or if it is, another coat is applied. It's not cheap, a 1ltr can in the UK is the equivalent of $32. But that'd be more than enough. Use two coats. It'll dry overnight, the second coat will go further than the first.

This is the latest formular which I use.

View attachment 3853
Thank you so much!!!

Ask a Question