ESRTP4RF+ receiver problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Baxi Combi boiler controlled by a ESRTP4RF+. It's been working ok until the last few days when the heating hasn't come on in the morning. Checked the boiler to see if the pressure had dropped, it hadn't. Noticed that on the boiler controller which is next to it, the M/A and Manual buttons were both flashing. What was strange is, as soon as I opened the utility room where the boiler is situated, the boiler started working normally. This is really weird. Any idea what might be going on? Maybe it's trying to save me money by not using gas LOL.

Thanks

Brian

Reaction score
Country
Canada
To me, it would appear the boiler is locking out on insufficient intake oxygen for the combustion process. For now, you can leave the utility room door open, but you might find your windows are going to fog up (its all about the molecular process upon an open flame). In the meantime, locate the duct that extends for the outside (outside air intake) to the boiler, and ensure it's not plugged with leaves, dirt, etc...To, if this duct is equipped with a damper, it should be open (at least partly open) when the boiler is heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your in depth reply. I thing I have found the problem, it's me. When I adjusted the time on the transmitter, I forgot to put it back to the 'auto' position. After putting it to auto it seems to be working now. DOH !!!

Thanks again, as a matter of interest we are going to remove the utility door anyway.

Ask a Question