Elderly cracked toilet bowl

Reaction score
My 1920 English Tudor has wonderful toilets, great ceramic tiles and matching washstands, tubs and sinks. My Master bath toilet bowl has had a crack in it for many years but it has just begun to sweat, then leak. I have searched unsuccessfully for months for a matching beige toilet bowl. No luck. A pal suggests I not use the toilet for a few days, then use a heat gun to dry it completely and use epoxy on the crack. How do I epoxy the inside of the bowl? What do you all think of this solution? All advice greatly appreciated. Thanks?

Reaction score
Yes unfortunately the modern standard options are white, bone, biscuit.... I have experience with this and can tell you right off that if the crack is bigger than 1/16 of an inch or any separation has occurred, the prognosis is not good....
If there has been no separation than I will highly recommend using a product called Super Glue Porcelain Repair. It comes with instructions...you maybe be able to find a porcelain touch up product to use on top of the super glue product to match your color

Ask a Question