Earthing water pipe in bathroom and kitchen

KOB

Reaction score
Hi, I 'm new to this forum and about to refurbish a 40sqm mobile home in France. The first job will be the two bathrooms (yes, two bathrooms in a caravan!) anyway I was reading an earlier thread from a "Darren" (hope the new baby is doing well) who asked a similar question to what I have been pondering... The mains inlet and the waste outlet on the site are fed via plastic hose and large bore plastic waste pipe. Now I know (at least I think I know) that the electrical risk here is the build up of static from the flowing water? Which then potentially earths itself through you when you turn on/off the tap? If this it right, then surely any tap needs to be earthed? Plastic pipe for not, static can build up so if it isn't earthed where does the charge go? The body of the van is aluminium so over time it is feasible one could touch the tap and the body of the van simultaneously. We will most likely be using all plastic pipes throughout so do I have to earth the tap via an earth spike?
Sorry it's a long thread but want to do it right first time. Kev

Ask a Question