Dryer motor wiring diagram

Reaction score
I have a used dryer motor #5KH26GJ116T and I want to use it to power a rock tumbler. The two wires that a power cord should be attached to are orange and blue in color. I want to install an off-on switch to the power side (usually black) of the motor. How can I identify the power side of this motor, hence my need for a wiring diagram, can someone help me find one? Thanks, Clarence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good luck Clarence and please don't electrocute yourself; here are a few circuit diagrams to have a look at;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c....69i57j0l2.18432j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Here's a YouTube video which might be of use but I haven't suggested or told you to do anything. :(

I worked at Brook Motors here in Huddersfield for 24 years and the motor testers and works sparkies were very reluctant to pass on any information because of the way the law is these days they becoming liable should anything go wrong; all it takes is a simple mistake with electricity from the mains to kill; it doesn't take prisoners.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question