Drill bits and bobs

Reaction score
Hi Chaps, just a quick query. basically i need a new drill/bits for a home project i have going on at the min as my current drill is old and not up to the job, i have had a look about and cant decide on what type i want, i have heard diamond this and steel that, and i am by no means an expert on this so thought i would reach out and see what you guys can come up with, in terms of diamond i have been browsing these guys for diamond core drills ftisupplies.co.uk but the prices are top end of the budget really. any recommendations are appreciated

cheers :)

Reaction score
I would just have a browze around and get a good quality set. Bear in mind that you tend to get what you pay for.

Whether you need a diamond tip will depend on what you are drilling into.

Reaction score
If you are drilling metal , I would be happy to recommend our drill bits at www.ttp-hard-drills.net, Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied :)
However cheaper drill bits if used correctly can be great value
Drill slow
Use lubricant
Use light pressure and allow the drill bit to do the job

Reaction score
Diamond bits if I am not incorrect are for drilling glass, ceramics. They can be used on steel but are pricey!

I have drilled a many of stainless steel 300 and 400 series , brass, steel, aluminum, cast steel and iron, wood, plastic, even some pretty hard steels with cheap HSS bits.

Drill bit hit the nail on the head. Only thing I would add is to keep the material and the bit cool as possible.

"However cheaper drill bits if used correctly can be great value
Drill slow
Use lubricant
Use light pressure and allow the drill bit to do the job"

Ask a Question