Does anybody know what this clamp is called?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm adding and inverter to our solar set up and I need some of these, but have no idea where to get them or what they're called. If anybody knows either their trade name or someplace that carries them, let me know. These are 6 gauge. Thanks, Lee IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0328.jpg IMG_0348.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's a ground clamp for a system grounding plate. Can be used for the conduction of any electric currents, but typically used for grounding.

Burndy
GRC34

1660326884389.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right. Except it's too tiny to be for a ground rod. It's less than a half inch wide, with about 3/16" opening. When I look up ground rod clamps, they're all too big.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok, I see what you mean now. I should have noticed that in the first place. Those things normally ship with larger size contactors (Nema 2 and 3). I will be our shop this afternoon, and I'll dig a few out and get their catalog #.

I think something like this is what your looking for?
1660411219312.png

Burndy SCRULUG KLU70

This a two (2) piece device. The shackle (with the hex set screw) removes from the mounting tab, and use only the hex set screw part on your inverter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, AC. I found some of these at Lowe's day before yesterday and used a cut off wheel on my grinder to remove the L section with the hole (left the tab to keep the plate in place). Although the one's I bought were still too thick to fit between the breaker lug fins, I thinned them out by 'sanding' them with the disc enough to make them work. Got them all in yesterday, which was a total of four. I needed two for the incoming generator lines and two for the outgoing AC out lines. Thanks very much for that pic. If I hadn't found them already, it would really help. Lee

Ask a Question